National seminar with dance as a resource in elderly and dementia care
28. October - Kl 12.00
29. October - Kl 10.00
Dance for exuberance, coping and health
National seminar with dance as a resource in elderly and dementia care is hosted 28.-29. October 2016 at Bærum Kulturhus. The seminar aims to provide those working in the health sector with knowledge and tools so that dance and rhythmic exercise can be used in daily care. The seminar is also an arena for bridging the gap between health and culture.
Aims of the seminar
- Increase the competency in the area of systematic use of dance and rhythmic exercise to improve quality of life for people in elderly and dementia care
- Convey theory and exchange best practices for daily use in caregiving
- Meet the art of dance as an aesthetic experience
- Networking and the creation of a shared arena
- Dance and rythmic exercise in care contributes to fullfilling goals outlined in “Stortingsmelding 29 (2012 – 2013)” – The care of tomorrow and the Dementia-plan 2020
Professionals working in health and care, performing artists, students and other interested parties.